Senior Vice President of Customer Success
REMOTE / FULL-TIME
About Amira Learning:
Amira’s mission is to reinvent the way kids learn to read. At Amira, you will use the power of relationship- building and problem-solving to help every child become a masterful and motivated reader. You will join an expert team that has built some of the most successful and widely used applications in U.S. schools. You will help deploy the next generation of AI-powered software for the classroom. You will be focused on the tip of the spear for our mission: ensuring that education leaders and teachers help kids use Amira successfully.
Amira was created at Carnegie Mellon University. The first AI-powered tutor, Amira is able to listen to young children read out loud, assess their mastery and deliver 1:1 personalized tutoring. Google and Amazon are investors and partners. Already at work in more than 5,000 schools in over 700 districts across the country, Amira is accelerating reading mastery for all readers K-6.
About this role:
As the SVP for Customer Success, you will own Amira’s Success Management and User Support teams. You will be responsible for the success of Amira implementations. You will ensure that we build post-sales relationships with District and Building leadership. You will create the strategy for Success Management, balancing the need to generate usage with the goal of repeatable, scalable and economical implementation support.
You will deliver to three metrics:
1.) World-class SAAS Renewal Rates
2.) % of Student Subscribers Achieving Dosage Level
3.) District Reference-ability.
You will report to the CEO and serve on the company leadership team.
What you will do:
- Lead a world-class Customer Success Team — provide leadership, mentoring, and management to two direct reports (VP of Success and Director of Support) and the teams they manage (25 full time employees today)
- Define and optimize the customer lifecycle and success process
- Build and maintain high-value relationships with our customers
- Ensure the Support Team resolves customer issues in a timely way and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Manage the HMH and other partner relationships essential to the delivery of Amira
- Personally own creating exceptional relationships with a small number of strategic customers such as CPS and the California Department of Education
- Stand up tools that leverage technology for Success operations, improving the customer experience, and driving student and teacher usage
- Enable the company to address root cause issues to eliminate churn
- Drive initiatives for district leader / decision maker loyalty and feedback, ensuring that the team collects feedback and takes proper actions to close the feedback loop.
You should expect:
- Regular, but not constant travel
- A startup pace
- A constant need to problem-solve
You will provide leadership & support for the following critical areas:
- Working with the CEO and leadership team, you will align product, engineering, marketing, and sales departments with a customer-centric culture.
- As a member of the executive leadership team, you will participate in key company decisions and strategy setting
- Working with the Chief Impact Officer, you will shape implementation delivery as necessary to deliver outcomes
- Working with our partners, you will drive strategy and execution around implementation and onboarding, professional services enablement & credentialing, and technical support
- Working with the Chief Technology Officer, CTO, Senior Director of Product Development, and VP of Customer Experience, you will create a company-wide customer feedback loop and strategize on the product to facilitate adoption and a better student and teacher experience
- Working with the SVP of Operations and CFO, you will support cost management and forecasting efforts.
- Working with the SVP of Operations, you will ensure a high functioning OKR and performance management process is in place.
Measures of Success:
- Ensure the company creates happy, loyal and satisfied customers who engage deeply with the company
- Ensure districts adopt usage as a key KPI and drive increased student usage
- Deliver to world class SAAS metrics for renewal rates
- Drive new business growth through reference-ability
- Expand our revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell
- High NPS scores
- Flexibility – We encourage people to live and work where they desire. Amira works as a truly distributed team. We worked remotely before COVID and we’ll be working remotely after the pandemic is long gone.
- Collaboration – We work together closely, using collaborative tools and periodic face-to-face get togethers.
- Lean & Agile – We believe in ownership and continuous feedback.
- Mission-Driven – What’s important to us is helping kids. We’re about tangible, measurable impact.
What Amira offers
- Competitive salary for a start-up
- Large company-level benefits
- Meaningful stock option ownership
- Cutting-edge work
- The opportunity to help children around the world reach their full potential
Amira Learning is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.