As Amira’s Product Designer, you will be responsible for designing website and mobile product experiences that help motivate and grow young readers. Amira and the StoryCraft, the company’s offering for families, was named one of the Best Inventions of 2021 by Time Magazine. Based on Columbia's research, Amira accelerates learning as much as the best human tutors. The first AI-powered tutor, Amira, listens to young children read out loud, assesses their mastery, and delivers 1:1 personalized tutoring. Amira is at work in schools and living rooms, helping hundreds of thousands of children become motivated and masterful readers. Amira has recently acquired Wonderscope, an AR reading app. You will join an expert team that has built some of the most successful and widely used applications in American schools to create an innovative reading app that leverages the power of AI and AR.
Amira is an exceptional opportunity to do good and to do well. Your inventive design solutions will connect with and engage users across mobile, web, and marketing channels - building habits, encouraging repeat usage, and guiding parents towards a paid subscription. Google, HMH, and Amazon are all Amira Learning investors & partners. Amira Learning is a remote-first employer, so you can work from anywhere in the US.
We are seeking a Product Designer to join our team and develop the design elements that will serve as connective tissue across all B2C Product and Marketing deliverables on Amira’s consumer apps and website. A strategic creative thinker, you will be responsible for visual (UI) and functional (UX) design in partnership with the Lead Game Designer. The right candidate is imaginative and efficient and will be able to deliver brand-optimized creative solutions that create innovative, delightful, and intuitive user experiences. People of all backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
- Facilitate the successful delivery of designs from concept to release
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and simple prototypes, creating original designs and sketches as well as finished graphic formats
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Craft great user-centered and child-centered experiences—holistically weaving together elements from copy to animation to AI to code
- Conduct user research activities by testing the usability of features and conceptual designs
- Have confidence and experience in presenting design ideas and recommendations to the team to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Help manage external creative vendors in the delivery of assets that cannot be executed internally; Manage the development of creative specs and briefs
- 3+ years of proven hands-on UX/UI Design experience in B2C (mobile and web design experience essential). A portfolio will be requested.
- Successful track record supporting Marketing and Product teams
- Expert understanding of user-centric design principles and best practices
- Entrepreneurial - thrive in a fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Experience designing digital interactions and delightful experiences for young children or their parents and portfolio examples that demonstrate this
- Ability to communicate and present design concepts and your design decisions clearly and effectively
- Expert knowledge of design software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch), essential
- Working knowledge of wireframe and prototyping tools (e.g., Miro, Figma, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Exceptional attention to detail and craft, ensuring designs fully reflect the strategic direction
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing workload to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work iteratively, incrementally, and quickly. Comfortable sharing early versions of designs for feedback
- An “owner” mentality, with a proven ability to be a leader in shaping products
- Experience working within Agile methodology, and tools like Jira
- Start-up experience
- AR Design experience
- Illustration experience
- Game design experience
- Marketing design experience
- BA or BS in human-computer interaction design or a related field
Amira Learning is an equal opportunity and remote-first employer. Candidates do need to be located in the US and authorized to work in the US.